Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Cocktails at Le Carmen by Isabelle Andover

From Simon & Fig: When job cuts at Chloe Saddler’s London communications firm result in an unexpected transfer to Paris, she finds herself leaving behind her friends, family, and boyfriend Scott to start a new life in the City of Light. Getting to grips with La Vie Parisienne and keeping a long-distance relationship afloat is not made any easier by the culture shock. Committing the odd French faux pas and inadvertently indulging in a few too many flirtations with her very sexy (and very taken) boss, Jean-Luc, is just the start of it. Factor in her bridezilla of a sister’s wedding (the hottest event of the year in the Saddler family’s social calendar), an unexpected session of hot, naked yoga, a slightly psychotic stalker, and one incredible kiss at an infamous Montmartre nightspot, and Chloe can say au revoir to her old, safe London life and bonjour to the romance, splendour, and glamour of Paris.

If you're looking for a really fun read this summer, this should definitely be on your radar. I was offered this book for review from the publisher, and can honestly say that I really enjoyed it.

I really liked Chloe. She wasn't perfect by any means, but she was funny, intelligent, and not afraid to be herself, even if it earns her the odd glance from people. I loved following along with Chloe in her adventures, finding her way through Paris, renting a flat, making friends, and embarrassing herself.

 I really liked the group of friends, both her London friends and her Paris friends. I appreciate it when authors celebrate female friendship because I think it can be easier to not do so. I would love to be part of their group, and found myself relating to each of them in different ways. Andover did a great job of representing women in all different life stages.

I had a slight issue with the Amanda storyline. I kind of felt like it didn't need to be part of the story. I guess she offered some comic relief, but I just found her creepy and out of place. That was my only slight issue, though.

I enjoyed reading this, and definitely think it makes a great summertime book to enjoy on a patio with a pitcher of fruity drinks. It will make you feel good, and who doesn't like that? You'll cheer for Chloe, hate certain people, and ultimately want to move to Paris. Or at least I do.

Cocktails at Le Carmen by Isabelle Andover is available now, and is a perfect summer book!

A solid 3 out of 5 stars for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment